Print / View Finding Aid as Single Page

New York University Archives logo

Guide to the Records of the Northern Dispensary MC 99

Elmer Holmes Bobst Library
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY, 10012
(212) 998-2641
university.archives@library.nyu.edu


New York University Archives

Collection processed by A.J. Muhammad.

This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit on July 18, 2012 using Describing Archives: A Content Standard

Descriptive Summary

 
Title: Records of the Northern Dispensary
Dates [inclusive]: 1827-1955
Abstract: The Northern Dispensary of the City of New York was founded in 1827, and incorporated a year later by a group of private citizens to offer medical care at minimal or no cost to the poor in lower Manhattan. The Dispensary moved to a triangular-shaped building (which is a historical landmark) at the intersection of Christopher Street, Waverly Place, and Grove Street in Manhattan's Greenwich Village in 1831. The Northern Dispensary records span from 1827 through the 1950s and include annual reports, minutes of the board, executive committee meetings, logs of applicants who applied to work as physicians and visiting committees, as well as photographs and illustrations.
Quantity: 6.0 linear feet
Call Phrase: MC 99