Print / View Finding Aid as Single Page

New York University Archives logo

Guide to the Records of the University Christian Foundation RG 39.3

Elmer Holmes Bobst Library
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY, 10012
(212) 998-2641
university.archives@library.nyu.edu


New York University Archives

Collection processed by Marilyn H. Pettit. Electronic finding aid prepared in 2004 by Catherine O'Sullivan.

This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit on September 27, 2012
Description is in English.

Descriptive Summary

 
Title: Records of the University Christian Foundation
Dates: 1906-1980
Abstract: The University Christian Foundation was a Protestant outreach organization that operated on the Washington Square Campus from 1906 to 1977. Oficially founded on October 24, 1906, as the Students' Club of the Young Men's Christian Association, the organization was later renamed the University Christian Association in 1927 before finally becoming the University Christian Foundation in 1961. The bulk of records date from 1954 to 1972 and reflect the organization's activities under its various guises.
Quantity: 11.0 linear feet (27 manuscript boxes)
Location note: This collection is stored offsite, and you must contact the repository for access.
Call Phrase: RG 39.3