Print / View Finding Aid as Single Page

Brooklyn Historical Society logo

Guide to the Brooklyn Collegiate and Polytechnic Institute collection 1985.055

128 Pierrepont Street
Brooklyn, NY, 11201
718-222-4111
library@brooklynhistory.org


Brooklyn Historical Society

Collection processed by Nicholas Pavlik

This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit on December 15, 2014
English. using Describing Archives: A Content Standard

 Additional processing by John Zarrillo 2014

Descriptive Summary

 
Creator: Brooklyn Collegiate and Polytechnic Institute.
Creator: Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn. Alumni Association.
Creator: Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn.
Creator: Polytechnic Preparatory Country Day School. Alumni Association.
Creator: Polytechnic Preparatory Country Day School.
Creator: Polytechnic Preparatory School (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.).
Title: Brooklyn Collegiate and Polytechnic Institute collection
Dates [inclusive]: 1854-1981
Abstract: The Brooklyn Collegiate and Polytechnic Institute was founded in 1854 as Brooklyn's first all-boys school. In 1890, the Institute's collegiate and preparatory programs were separated into two different schools, the Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn and the Brooklyn Preparatory School (later the Polytechnic Preparatory Country Day School). The Brooklyn Collegiate and Polytechnic Institute collection spans the period 1854 to 1981 and contains annual reports, catalogs, yearbooks, journals, periodicals, and printed ephemera documenting the activities of the original Institute as well as its two outgrowth institutions.
Quantity: 6.09 linear feet in four record cartons and five manuscript boxes.
Text [Box]: 1985.055 7 of 9
Text [Box]: 1985.055 6 of 9
Text [Box]: 1985.055 4 of 9
Text [Box]: 1985.055 3 of 9
Text [Box]: 1985.055 9 of 9
Text [Box]: 1985.055 2 of 9
Text [Box]: 1985.055 1 of 9
Text [Box]: 1985.055 5 of 9
Text [Box]: 1985.055 8 of 9
Call Phrase: 1985.055
Sponsor: This collection was processed and described as part of the project, "Uncovering the Secrets of Brooklyn's 19th Century Past: Creation to Consolidation," funded by the Council on Library and Information Resources, with additional support from The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation.