Print / View Finding Aid as Single Page

New-York Historical Society logo

Guide to the Donald F. Clark Collection
circa 1642-1920
 MS 118

New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
(212) 873-3400


New-York Historical Society

Collection processed by Julia Lipkins.

This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on May 31, 2022 using Describing Archives: A Content Standard

Administrative Information

Access Restrictions

For more information on making arrangements to consult the collection, please visit www.nyhistory.org/library/visit.

Use Restrictions

Taking images of documents from the library collections for reference purposes by using hand-held cameras and in accordance with the library's photography guidelines is encouraged. As an alternative, patrons may request up to 20 images per day from staff.

Application to use images from this collection for publication should be made in writing to: Department of Rights and Reproductions, The New-York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024-5194, rightsandrepro@nyhistory.org. Phone: (212) 873-3400 ext. 282.

Copyrights and other proprietary rights may subsist in individuals and entities other than the New-York Historical Society, in which case the patron is responsible for securing permission from those parties. For fuller information about rights and reproductions from N-YHS visit: https://www.nyhistory.org/about/rights-reproductions

Other Finding Aids

The original, complete item list of the collection (795 items) prepared by Michelle P. Figliomeni in July 1980 is available in the N-YHS Reading Room.

Separated Materials Note

Newspapers and broadsides from the collection were moved to the Library's General Collection and cataloged individually at an earlier date. To locate these items, search "Donald F. Clark" in the online catalog.

Existence and Location of Copies

Microfilm copy available.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Bequest of Donald F. Clark, October 9th, 1980. Some items from the collection were returned to the Clark estate in 1983. These items are marked in the inventory with the phrase, "Original returned, photocopy only."

Processing Information

This collection was appraised, arranged and described by Michelle P. Figliomeni in July 1980. In 2015, Carol Reisner re-housed the collection; Ali Barr transcribed Figliomeni's inventory in part (that work remains to be completed); and Julia Lipkins assembled the finding aid.