Print / View Finding Aid as Single Page

New-York Historical Society logo

Guide to the Lower East Side Photograph Collection
1901
 PR 251

New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
(212) 873-3400


New-York Historical Society

Collection processed by Kelly McAnnaney

This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on February 10, 2022
Description is in English.

Administrative Information

Access Restrictions

Open to qualified researchers. Available by advance appointment only. To schedule an appointment, contact the Print Room Librarian at printroom@nyhistory.org.

Use Restrictions

Taking images of documents from the library collections for reference purposes by using hand-held cameras and in accordance with the library's photography guidelines is encouraged. As an alternative, patrons may request up to 20 images per day from staff.

Application to use images from this collection for publication should be made in writing to: Department of Rights and Reproductions, The New-York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024-5194, rightsandrepro@nyhistory.org. Phone: (212) 873-3400 ext. 282.

Copyrights and other proprietary rights may subsist in individuals and entities other than the New-York Historical Society, in which case the patron is responsible for securing permission from those parties. For fuller information about rights and reproductions from N-YHS visit: https://www.nyhistory.org/about/rights-reproductions

Preferred Citation

This collection should be cited as Lower East Side Photograph Collection, PR 251, Department of Prints, Photographs, and Architectural Collections, The New-York Historical Society.

Related Material at the Department of Prints, Photographs, and Architectural Collections

Other images of Delancey Street can be found in the Geographic File (PR 020) and the Subway Construction Photograph Collection (PR 069).

On-line Access to Digital Copies

The photographs in the collection are all available on-line via the Shelby White and Leon Levy Digital Library

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift of John W. Judge, May 11, 1905.