Print / View Finding Aid as Single Page

© 2011 New-York Historical Society logo

Nursery and Child's Hospital Records
1854-1934
 MS 443.20

New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
Phone: (212) 873-3400


© 2011 New-York Historical Society

Collection processed by Ann Christiansen

This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit on January 23, 2013
Finding Aid is written in English.

Descriptive Summary

 
Creator: Nursery and Child's Hospital of New York City.
Title: Nursery and Child's Hospital Records
Dates: 1854-1934 (Bulk 1880-1920)
Abstract: The Nursery and Child’s Hospital was founded by Mrs. Cornelius DuBois in 1854 as a charity that provided a nursery for the children of wet nurses. The charity was expanded into a hospital and school for children. The collection is the administration records of the Hospital from the office of First Director, especially from Mary Mildred Sullivan and her son George H. Sullivan. Mary Mildred Sullivan was the director of the Hospital (1888-1933) and organizer of the charity balls (1857-1933). George Sullivan took over his mother’s position after her death in 1933.
Quantity: 2.0 Linear feet (5 Boxes)
Language of Materials Note: Nursery and Child's Hospital Records are written in English.
Call Phrase: MS 443.20