Print / View Finding Aid as Single Page

New-York Historical Society logo

Guide to the Edward Wenzel Photographs
1892-1925
  PR 74

New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
(212) 873-3400


New-York Historical Society

Collection processed by Lucas Buresch

This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on May 07, 2022
Description is in English.

Administrative Information

Access Restrictions

For more information on making arrangements to consult the collection, please visit www.nyhistory.org/library/visit.

Use Restrictions

Taking images of documents from the library collections for reference purposes by using hand-held cameras and in accordance with the library's photography guidelines is encouraged. As an alternative, patrons may request up to 20 images per day from staff.

Application to use images from this collection for publication should be made in writing to: Department of Rights and Reproductions, The New-York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024-5194, rightsandrepro@nyhistory.org. Phone: (212) 873-3400 ext. 282.

Copyrights and other proprietary rights may subsist in individuals and entities other than the New-York Historical Society, in which case the patron is responsible for securing permission from those parties. For fuller information about rights and reproductions from N-YHS visit: https://www.nyhistory.org/about/rights-reproductions

Preferred Citation

This collection should be cited as: Edward Wenzel Photographs, PR 74, Department of Prints, Photographs, and Architectural Collections, New-York Historical Society.

Related Material at the Department of Prints, Photographs, and Architectural Collections

Photographs of the areas and during the same time periods covered in Wenzel's photographs can also be found in the Robert L. Bracklow Photograph Collection (PR 8), the Geographic File (PR 20), the George P. Hall & Son Photograph Collection (PR 24), and the H.N. Tiemann & Co. Photograph Collection (PR 129).

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift from William L. Calver in 1924, with additions from Edward Wenzel in 1925. Three additional photographs were donated by Corinne Nevelson in 1981.