Print / View Finding Aid as Single Page
Guide to the Intercollegiate Socialist Society Records
||Intercollegiate Socialist Society (U.S.).
||Intercollegiate Socialist Society Records
||The Intercollegiate Socialist Society (ISS), an on-campus student and faculty organization,
was established in New York in 1905. The ISS established numerous study and reading
groups, sponsored rallies and lecture engagements for prominent socialists, published
book lists and phmphlets relating to a variety of socialist issues and held occasional
national meetings and annual conventions. In 1921, the ISS changed its name to the
League for Industrial Democracy so as to reflect its then older constituency and broader
objectives. Harry W. Laidler was the organizing secretary of the ISS form 1910 to
1921 and the executive director of the League for Industrial Democracy from 1921 to
1956. The collection includes: correspondence, financial and membership records, executive
committee minutes, organizing secretary reports, pamphlets, booklets, office materials,
Bulletin of the Intercollegiate Socialist Society, 1908-1912, and newspaper clippings.
||3.5 linear feet (7 boxes)
||Materials are stored offsite and advance notice is required for use. Please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days prior to research visit.
|Mixed materials [Box]: